Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Good to see you...come on in.

Thanks for coming by today. I am so excited....I have some lovely news that I want to share :-)


I went away for the Queens Birthday long weekend and when I returned I naturally sat down to catch up on my favourite blogs. Mariana from Through my kitchen window has been kind enough to present me with an award. The "Sisterhood Award" to be precise. It is an award given by bloggers to bloggers in recognition of attitude and or gratitude. I am not quite sure why I deserved it but am tickled pink to think that someone out there enjoys reading my ramblings.


The rules that come with this award state that I get to pass this award on to up to ten people whose blogs I admire. This shouldn't be hard !! I have been reading blogs for a couple of years now, since Mama....my dear daughter introduced me to them. Not being very computer savvy (I'm of THAT generation :-) )I tend to "lurk" in the background and have only rarely ever commented. Not that I didn't wish to.....I just didn't quite know what to say. Well I took the bull by the horns last month and started my own blog. With much help from Mama I might add. I am still finding my way around and have now been bold enough to comment and add myself as a follower on some blogs. I'm still working on that!!


I need a little help to add the award to my blog and to pass on the blessing :-) Once I have time to sit down with Mama I will ask her to show me how to go about this. I learn something new everyday ......its great.....so please bear with me.


Anyway.......I just wanted to say Thank you to Mariana and to invite you all over to help me celebrate. Now, I love to cook ( or is it that I just love to eat!!!!) but I don't very often cook cakes. The Gorgeous Boy is very virtuous and doesn't eat sweet things....how sad is that!. Me...I love to eat them but they don't love me.. Now that the kids are all grown up and have left home there is only me to demolish a whole cake. Oh my gosh...yes I could do that!....so I try not to have them in the house unless I have guests.


Well today I have baked a cake for you to share with me. This is one of those recipes that always goes down well. I personally think it is best served just warm but what the heck, its good enough to eat any time. It is tart and tangy and deliciously moist. I hope you enjoy it. Come and sit down I have set a place for you.....







This is my Raspberry citrus drizzle cake......do try a slice

I hope that you enjoy it......here is the recipe.

Raspberry Citrus Drizzle Cake.

The ingredients I have had to convert from lbs and oz as best I could.

250g Self raising flour

155g Caster sugar

3 Eggs

190g Butter

155g Raspberry

1/2 an orange zest

1 lemon zest

Drizzle...

2 Tbl sp Orange juice

3 Tbl sp Lemon juice

95g Caster sugar

Grease a 20cm spring form pan and line the base.

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.

Beat the butter and sugar until creamy

Slowly beat in the eggs adding 1 tbl sp of the flour with the last egg.

Add the zests and gently fold in the flour.

Fold in the raspberries. I used frozen ones as I didn't have any fresh ones.

Bake for approximately one hour.

While the cake is baking add the juice to the sugar and allow it to soak. When the cake is cooked heat the juice and sugar to form a syrup. Do not boil it. Spoon it over the cake and allow it to soak in...Enjoy.

Thats all for today or I will get sticky finger marks all over the keyboard :-)

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet. I absolutely love your cake and tea setting. I'm so very touched. It looks just gorgeous. Thanks for going to that effort. You can blame me for the extra kilos by the sounds of it. For the moment I have my son to still eat cake otherwise I would be in the same boat Linda.

    Don't worry about getting all the computer lingo and settings right. I have the same problem. Learn as you go I say. You will get there eventually.

    Your cake looks moist and lovely with the raspberry marble effect. It would seem to me like you can do a bit of drizzle yourself. Infact this cake brings to me say in the words of a familiar blogger ..."slurp, slurp, drool, drool". Enough said.

    Keep up your enthusiasm. It's very infectious.
    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you make that drizzle cake next time that Gemini visits the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mariana....Thanks for the words of encouragement...always appreciated.

    Hi Marcella.....The cake will definately be on the menu next time you visit....Just don't let The Great Dane mention sugar overload once :-)Mind you...its a fairly large cake and I am not sure that you and I could eat it all by ourselves ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete